Name: Joseph Cannon
Where were you born and raised?
- Donegal, Ireland
When did you begin running?
How did you get started running?
- My hometown introduced a 10k Run in 2010, so I began training for it, and been running since!
Favorite distance to run:
Favorite race: So far, the Northwest 10k at home in Ireland! Hopefully I will partake in many Races here, which I’m sure will no doubt compare!
Favorite Track N Trail event:
Favorite place to run:
- Tuesday Night AZTNT with club members
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you”
Favorite Song to Listen to while running:
- I actually never listen to music while running, I quite enjoy the freedom from devices and listening to the sounds of nature and everyday life go by
If you could run anywhere in the world where would it be?
- Yosemeti National Park, California
- Cycling, Wall Climbing, Kayaking (Even though I can’t swim!!! haha)
Advice for new runners:
- Never give up! If you find it difficult, persevere! Start with small distances and increase when you feel ready. It gets easier and it really is quite enjoyable!